Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Artistry of Cosplay

Over the weekend I visited an anime convention in Indianapolis. During my time there I observed what they call cosplayers (Costume Players), which are people who dress up like their favorite characters from a video game or anime. 

These costumes can range from the simple to the extravagant. They can be as cheap as throwing together $30 worth of clothing to spending over $200 on one costume. I noticed that people put enormous amounts of effort into the costumes they wear. In my opinion, it's a great experience and very fun, but a huge but good waste of time and money

What this tells me is what can be considered a well designed outfit for a character in a graphic novel or artistic presentation, because people tend to dress as the character who they like the most, which are usually the ones with the best outfits. It's good for reference on what's a perfect outfit design, and character design.

No comments:

Post a Comment