Saturday, November 7, 2009

Change of Career Outlook

Recently, I've had thoughts about changing my career choice.

Originally when I came to college, my dream was to become an animator. That had been my plan for the last few years. But as time has marched on through this semester, I feel I should consider game design instead. I've had several classes on the development of new media, and the field of animation is dying in terms of two-dimensional animation. While I still might do some things with flash for fun or alternate career options, I'm starting to realize that game design is the better way to go. I've thought this ever since I saw the different things I can do with game design as well as the exposure of new games by friends, students, and teachers.

The availability to be a game designer has become so much easier with things like Xbox Live and independent games, It's so much easier to get into than animation. Plus, it's so much more interactive and immersive, and just is a whole other experience all together. 

As a result, I've taken the path of game design instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment