Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Animator vs. Animation

I am a fan of quality animation work. I found this particular one several months ago, and it just amazed me:


To label it simply, it is the animator's mouse arrow caught in a battle with his own animation as the two fight among each other on the Adobe Flash window. The animator claims this took roughly three months, which is still impressive for flash.

I see an underlying message here (whether the animator realized it or not) of how frustrating flash can be to create animations, and how one seems to be in a fight with it constantly to finish a work. Also, because they are fighting on the workspace, you can see how much can be done if you have the patience to figure it out, like the figure using the tools as weapons. The only thing I don't like is how quiet it is. There are only a few sounds, most of which are repeated several times. This can cause a slight disconnection from an otherwise amazing piece. Just a little music might help to fill the silent gaps and more variety in sound effects.

I checked myself how hard Flash is to use. After about, 30 minutes, I thought my brain would explode. I couldn't even make a shape move. In, conclusion, the thing to take from this is that animation is very difficult.     

No comments:

Post a Comment