Monday, September 21, 2009

Photoshop Perspective Tutorial

I often search site like DeviantArt for inspiration and photoshop materials. I happed to stumble upon a very interesting tutorial

http://alexiuss.deviantart.com/art/Tutorial-Photoshop-painting-74699956


It wasn't the painting techniques that I was interested in. It was the new perspective concept that caught my eye. I had heard of the 1 and 2 point perspective techniques for drawings and designs, but I had never heard of a 3 point perspective. It's an interesting style where a third vanishing point is placed for the objects to meet at, except when it's placed off the horizon line. In my opinion, it's great for works involving a city, but it also works wonders when you want to make a project seem deep and low, like pit or a cliff, or even an image viewed from space. It doesn't work well in designs that are subtle, but it's wonderful for those dramatic designs.

1 comment:

  1. Good insights. Good technical understanding, and also liked the opinion: "doesn't work well in designs that are subtle, but wonderful for those dramatic designs."

    Mannheimer

    ReplyDelete