Sunday, September 20, 2009

Big Whopper, Eh?

While researching for my blog, I came up with this thought after getting some food from Burger King.

Burger King always makes commercials that advertise how huge their Whopper and Whopper Jr are. Either by saying how much meat is on the burger or dressing people as a one to compare size, they always praise how big it is. 

Here, I made my own comparison. The burger was almost as small as my wallet! Big, huh? I learned here that Burger King (as well as many other fast food restaurants) claim huge proportions and show large burgers, but it's all in the design. The burger itself is small and tiny, but is disguised to look huge with veggies that makes it twice as thick. Yeah, that makes it bigger, but that patty is still small and tiny. So by designing the commercials to advertise its size and using condiments to make it look bigger, they've made their Whopper huge and appealing. By designing your product and ad right, you can fool just about anybody.  

No comments:

Post a Comment