Friday, September 4, 2009

Billboard Ad: Blood Donation

On one of my many rides through Crawfordsville Road, I happened to notice a billboard advertising a blood donation center. I found this billboard ad quite profound. It depicted a giant bandage with one small blood drop in the middle. Beneath it the donation center wrote. "There, that didn't hurt a bit." In the corner is their logo. 
I figured what they're implying is that by taking a tiny little prick in the arm, you can help to save dozens of lives. Here, the tiny blood drop is the price you're paying, which is small. And the giant bandage is the lives you help to save. It is definitely a very profound design. However, I have a slight issue with it. They've got their message across, but the logo was so small and hard to see on the sign, I had no real idea what their name was. From this ad alone, no one will know who to contact. Maybe making the logo a little bigger and giving the text a darker color against the white background would help tremendously. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment