Sunday, September 13, 2009

Horrible Ad Choice


Recently, I search for ads that would peek my interest. And lo and behold I find my wish and then some.

Yes, a McDonald's ad for young teens below a childhood obesity warning sign. You have to ask yourself, who makes this kind of decision? Is someone pulling off a sick joke here or what? One thing you can take away for ad design is this: "Location, Location, Location..."

It's not just how the ad looks, but where you decide to place it. Placing it under an ad that foils it is pointless. People will just laugh when they see it.  

I looked into how these spaces are chosen, and they are on a rent basis. You go to a billboard company, and rent the space. So at least one company knew about the other's space already.    


No comments:

Post a Comment