Tuesday, October 13, 2009

3D modeling

In a recent post I mentioned an artist who used 3D modeling and photoshop painting. I searched for what program they used. It was called C4D. It's a rendering program that also allows for texture painting and animation. I also found out it was extremely expensive.

I searched for similar programs that might be a little cheaper. I found two others that were suggested by fellow students; Maya and Blender.

Maya looks like it works just as well as C4D, but unfortunately is just as expensive, being around 4,000 dollars. However, Blender is free. What's better is I found out that after I've made my designs in blender, I can incorporate them into movies, photoshop projects, and game designs. The downside to it is that it looks a lot more dated in it's graphic output than Maya or C4D. But that's what you get for a free program, and it's still a good deal.

The best thing about these programs is that the models can be fully animated. There's no need for extra software. The programmers have tailored it to be an all in one system. Below are examples of C4D and Blender 


blender example

z4_29.jpg

 
C4D example

mini_c4dar.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment