Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Modern gaming

When I was a kid and you got a new game on your computer, you were stuck with what you had. You didn't like it? Too bad. I've discovered that that is not the case today. Today the availability of redesigning a game is so wide. People who have access to PCs can redesign almost any game through mods (modification of software) to tailor a game to what they want. I've never had this ability, so seeing what people can through modding amazes me. I checked around for the most popular modding system today. Out of all my research, I found G-Mod or Gary's Mod to be the most popular.


 It takes the ever popular Source gaming engine and allows people to modify any game under this particular engine (Popular titles such as Half-Life, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, and Portal). In my opinion, this is one of the greatest things to happen to gamers since 3-D graphics.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment