Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Futurist Manifesto

In my N100 class, we discussed the ideals of the Italian Futurists and the Futurist Manifesto. I decided to do some research on their concept of digital media. At first I was enthusiastic about them. They believed fully in the concept of moving forward and embracing new media technologies and depicted them in their artwork. I then discovered how radical they really are after reading their manifesto. They not only wanted to embrace new technology, but do away with and destroy older forms of media, like painting, museums, and handwritten literature. They said to all to burn museums down, and burn old paintings, forget the past. They even said to abandon all those who are over 40. While I do advocate the use and embrace of new media, I'm not that radical on it. I learned here how radical some people are on this subject.

here's the manifesto, to show how radial the Futurists are!

No comments:

Post a Comment